5.06.2008

Don't Forget Teacher Appreciation Week!

My oldest daughter absolutely loves going to "school" (mother's day out/pre-k). And her teachers are a big reason why. To let them know how much we appreciate all the work they do, we gave them each a new summer-y tote.


I wanted to personalize them a bit, and was happy to find some iron-on embroidery letters at Michael's, so that I could add their first initials.


The letters were great, and really looked like they were embroidered straight onto the bag. While they seemed to have formed a tight bond, I was worried that with a little wear-and-tear they might start lifting up on the corners, so using matching thread, I reinforced the initial along the edges. 


Adding their initials was such a simple way to personalize the gift, but I think it makes all the difference!


For more Teacher Appreciation Day projects, head over to Skip to My Lou; she has tons of adorable ideas. 

5 comments:

Jennifer P. said...

Those are ADORABLE! I wish I was one of your teachers ;)!

Thank you so much for the sweet and encouraging comment you left. Thoughts like that lift me up and make me feel like a million bucks!

Stop back whenever you want!

Emily said...

Wait, so you can BUY embroidered letters? I'm obsessed with monogramming and embroidering and want my kids names on EVERYTHING but hate asking Denise Easter to do it all for me. And I don't have $5,000 for a machine. But if I can BUY them, well you may have just changed my life. Do they come in different styles/colors?

Kristin said...

Thanks Jennifer; I love visiting your site, and will be back!

Emily, YES! And they look just like the real thing! I am not so impressed with Hobby Lobby's selection, but Michael's had more. The had several fonts and colors, but seemed to have more girly than boy. It was 10 bucks for 48 letters. I have also used that embroidery place that's in one of the Wal-marts to embroider a name on a back-pack, and they were pretty reasonable.

I was just thinking today, though, about how fast I could pay off a machine if I had a booth at Affair of the Heart with bibs and bags. They make a killing!

{It's a family affair} said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my bag!!! I carried it all afternoon. Thank you for the special gift and for sharing your little darlin' with me this year!!

Krista said...

YAY!! I didn't realize you could buy already embroidered letters!! Thanks for the tip, Kristin! I'm headed out tomorrow to find some! =)