9.29.2010

Getting a Head Start on Christmas!

Can you believe its almost October?!
And I haven't done any fall decorating.
Not a single pumpkin in sight!
For some reason, I just haven't been motivated.

Christmas is another story, however.
(No I haven't started decorating!)
I love planning and making gifts for friends and family,
so it has been easy to jump ahead to Christmas gift crafting!

I have been working on a few things that I can't
blog about because they are for my sisters
(who will read this post!),
but thought I would share what I
have in the works for all of my nieces.

I made 42 of these last night:

(42? I only have 5 nieces!)

Would you guess that each of those is a "mattress?"
Perfect for a very sensitive princess...

Have you guessed my present yet?



Princess and the Pea gift sets!
Each niece will receive a set of mattresses,
along with a princess doll and a pea.
I plan to paint peg dolls as the Princess,
along with little green beads as the "pea."

I can't wait to start working on the dolls!
They are some of my favorite gifts to give.
(Click here here here and here to see past projects)

I'll be sure to post about my progress!

What are some Christmas gifts you plan on making this year?
I'd love to hear your ideas - I've got a big family!

10 comments:

Louisa said...

I love the Princess and the Pea sets! I do an Advent Calendar for my nephew. I've done 22 of the 24 gifts so I'm almost ready to start thinking about Christmas! I'm trying to decide between an Old Mac Donald's Farm puppet set and making a floor mat and some plush cars.

Erin said...

I can't wait to see the completed set!!! So cute!

krafty kelly said...

I carry on a tradition that my great aunt started and make my nephews and niece an ornament every year. This year they are postcards to Santa. I will also be knitting a scarf, and making a few necklaces.

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

WOW, what a great aunt you are! I can't wait to see them. I am just staring to decorate for fall, well Halloween at least..Christmas is my favorite though.. Happy Sewing!
Mechelle

Unknown said...

Oh man, time runs to fast. I thought it was just yesterday that we unwrapped our presents for last Christmas. And now it’s almost time to buy new presents again. :)Gifts For Her

Kristi said...

Those look adorable!! Any chance you would sell any sets :)?

Kristi said...

Those look adorable! Any chance you might consider selling some :)?!

Amy said...

Love this. May have to copy it (and give you full credit, of course). Can't wait to see the finished products!

Shannon Richardson said...

WE MISS YOU!! Can't wait to see all the projects you've been working on!

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

Saw your "Princess and the Pea" gift project for your nieces posted last Sept. Just dropped by to see how that charming gift idea turned out. Happy holidays!