8.03.2010

Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches

With temperatures soaring into the 100's,
I wanted a cool treat to serve as dessert for dinner guests.

Homemade ice cream sandwiches are perfect for a casual evening!

The chewy chocolatey cookies combined
with mint chocolate chip ice cream
(my personal favorite)
are absolutely irresistible.


I wrapped each sandwich in wax paper tied with ribbon.

"Presentation, presentation!" my mom always said.

And she was right:
a simple offering is immediately elevated
in status when thoughtfully packaged.

This recipe is as easy as can be (only 3 ingredients for the cookies!). No one will guess that such a yummy treat was so simple!

Fudgy Chocolate Ice cream Sandwiches

  • 1 chocolate cake mix
  • 1 8 oz. container of cool whip
  • 1 egg
  • Ice cream flavor of your choice (let thaw until easy to spread)
Mix the first 3 ingredients together. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake @ 350 for 8-10 minutes. Once the cookies are completely cooled, assemble the sandwiches. Return to freezer for ice cream to harden. Serve to your anxiously waiting company!

What cold treats do you like to make?
I would love some more ideas -
forecasts are in the 100's for the rest of the week!

4 comments:

What I Did Today said...

I don't really do anything fancy. My mom used to dip bananas in chocolate and freeze them. YUM. I just wanted to say thanks for the great idea. Those cookies look great!

Stacie said...

I love these and you can change the pudding flavor to create different combinations--http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Pudding-Grahamwiches. And another favorite that is so simple--take 1 package of Chips Ahoy, some milk and a carton of Coolwhip. Soak each cookie in milk and line in an 8 inch square pan, when you get a layer of cookies, top with a layer of cool whip, keep alternating until cookies are gone, ending with cool whip. Freeze and enjoy--tastes just like cookie dough!

Candice said...

Root beer floats I have one with diet root beer and light ice cream almost every night, but the real stuff tastes better! Yum those cookies look really good.

Shannon Richardson said...

Yummy!!! I have been wondering...how did your summer plan go? Did you guys have fun and learn alot?? Take care and thanks always for your fun posts!