9.22.2009

Hello Kitty Cookies

Today my daughter celebrates her 4th birthday. She requested a Hello Kitty party and I was happy to oblige; Hello Kitty has long been a favorite of the girls in my family. I still get sucked into the Sanrio store and feel the urge to stock up on stickers, and pencils, and random note pads!

I wanted to make cookies to bring to her classmates at pre-school to celebrate, but was having a difficult time finding a suitable cookie cutter. However, when I spotted this tulip shape, I knew it would be perfect to mold into Hello Kitty's head (the metal was very easy to manipulate).


The transformed cookie cutter was the perfect solution!
My daughter loves her cookies!
(Please don't judge the very imperfect icing! 
This was my first attempt at royal icing. 
It was a lot of fun, but I definitely need practice!)



P.S. Ruffle week was a roaring success! Right? 
I mean, sure, it came to a screeching halt two projects in after a promised week's worth of crafts. 
But, but....
Well, I have no excuse! I had two more ruffly projects all ready to show you, and I. just. didn't. 
I promise will try to continue on with ruffle week tomorrow!

25 comments:

Sunk Costs said...

You are a genius!!!! Those cookies are adorable! And I think the icing is perfect.

Freck said...

Awww, how cute!!

Looking forward to a ruffle post :)

Autumn Leah Designs said...

They are so cute! I can't believe how the "tulip" worked out. I am sure C's little friends will be very happy:)

starnes family said...

I think they're darling! My daughter would love them.

tascha said...

TOOO Cute... I think I may try that myself... my girls like Hello Kitty...

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! Keep up the good work - I think they look wonderful!

CJ said...

Cute cookies!! I would never have seen Hello Kitty staring at me from that tulip. :D

Julie said...

SO cute!!!

melody said...

"Imperfect" icing?? LOL! You are clearly a cookie perfectionist! Those are darling:)

lisavengesta said...

OMG! THOSE ARE PERFECT AND I LOVE THEM!! now i'm off to find a tulip cookie cutter!!

Unknown said...

They turned out really cute! Great eye spotting the kitty in the tulip!

Samantha said...

You are so smart to modify the cookie cutter like that! I love how your cookies turned out. Happy birthday to your little one. I have one the same age having a birthday today too. We had a ladybug cookie cake this time, but I'm filing that Hello Kitty idea away for the future. Very cute!

JStacie said...

You have a very creative eye! When I don't have time to check all my blogs and I see you have posted, I always pick yours!

She Knits Flying Monkeys said...

You are so smart, and those are SO CUTE!

{It's a family affair} said...

I have to say to all of your fabulous readers that these cookies were not only adorable but they were VERY yummy!!!! Thanks for sharing them (and little C with us!)
Happy Birthday little girl!

Anna said...

Wow, love it! amazing cookie cutter transformation.

http://noodleheads.blogspot.com/

The Cookie Mama said...

Can you come help me??!! Please??!!

Jenny said...

What a perfect adaption! They look super.
~Jenny~

Alison Gibbs said...

How clever to make/mould the cookie cutter!!
Such sweet cookies
Alison

Miriam said...

Don't be so hard on yourself- those cookies are ADORABLE! Can't wait to see the ruffle projects (in all your SPARE time, right?!)
Thanks for the great ideas!
Keep 'em coming!

Shannon Richardson said...

How clever to reshape the tulip cutter! I am excited...I have one in my cabinet! Did you ice the whole cookie in royal icing or just the details? Thanks for sharing and a very Happy Birthday to your daughter!

life with my sweeties said...

The cookies are awesome!!

Megret said...

Precious idea!!!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to thank you for posting this brilliant idea! I was hired to make Hello Kitty cupcakes and had the hardest time finding the correct cutter. I did have an unused tulip cutter that I was able to bend into the right shape. Thanks again!

Jessica Shaw said...

Oh my gosh, I would have never thought to manipulate a tulip to make a hello kitty head! What is your recipe for your cookies? Anytime I've ever tried to make cookies that I can cookie cut my dough is always too wet to roll out.
jessicareneeshaw.blogspot.com