10.28.2008

Art Charms

Last weekend I visited a local craft show where I was happy to find a few unique items (An Affair of the Heart for all of you non-Oklahomans; because lets face it, if you are a female living in Oklahoma, you were at the fair grounds this weekend - it was packed!).

I was thrilled to come across an entire booth of soldered art charms. If you have never seen them before, they are basically text/image designs sandwiched between two pieces of glass and soldered with silver.


As you can see, I like my jewelry chunky. I chose to use each of my girls' initials, plus the "blessed mama" charm, but the great thing is that you can have as many or as few charms as you like. Also, I picked some of the largest charms, but there are many smaller options.


This is definitely not going to fit on my jewelry organizer...


7 comments:

{It's a family affair} said...

Looks fabulous! I wish i could have ventured that way and picked up one for myself... thanks for stopping by @ AAOTH!!!

Shilo said...

Caaaaute! :)

4under3 said...

Oh, dude!!!

Please do a tutorial!!

I love chunky jewelry too!!

Wonderful job!

Tiff

Dion said...

I miss AAOTH. As an Okie living in GA, it's sad to not make my annual shopping trip....

Michelle said...

I'm so sad I had to miss AAOTH this year! Since I work weekends now, it was not an option... though I was tempted multiple times to call in sick - I wanted to go SOOO bad!

Sara said...

I have been "lurking" for a while--I'm so inspired by your projects!! I would LOVE one of those necklaces for Christmas, and went on the website, and was wondering what size your charms are. I am trying to figure out what size I want, and would love a comparison! Thank you so much!!

Unknown said...

I was poking around your wonderful blog and saw this post mentioning Affair of the Heart...I love AAOTH! I live in NW OKC, where abouts do you live. Just wanted to say "hi"!
blessings,
Ginnie Renner