12.15.2010

Easy Birthday Treats

My oldest daughter will be turning 8 over holiday break,
so today I brought cupcakes to her school to celebrate!

I didn't have the time or energy to make something from scratch
(birthdays within a week of Christmas wear me out!);
but I still wanted to make it special.

Thankfully, Wal-mart's bakery had mini cupcakes
already decorated in pink and purple icing
(any girl's favorite colors!).

Wanting to find something cute to top them,
I ran by Michael's.
These glittery butterfly clips jumped out at me.
They were perfect!

I know that cupcake toppers were not their intended use,
but they were exactly what I wanted.
Each butterfly was backed with a clip
(I disinfected before use),
that I inserted into the icing.
In the end, my girl was happy,
her classmates were impressed,
and I enjoyed bringing a stress-free treat!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

How Fun!!! We just had three birthdays; like last week...and I hope we survive Christmas. LOL!

Love following your blog!

~Deanna

Autumn Leah Designs said...

So cute!!! Definitely don't look like walmart bakery cupcakes:

Rebecca Z. said...

I just found this blog and your cupcake idea, and I'm so excited! Great stuff! Just curious, what did you use to disinfect the clips? I'm going to try and see if Michael's still have these, since my daughter is having a butterfly-themed b-day party in Feb! Thanks!