2.18.2010

Anthropologie, Spring Windows: A Fresh Idea for My Own Front Door


Anthropologie's Spring window displays are absolutely splendid.

They immediately capture your attention...
calling you to study closer.

They evoke thoughts of warm sunshiny days,

and awaken the desire to skip off with a picnic basket
to the lake while wearing the sweetest butter-yellow sun dress.
(Or does that just happen to me? Either way, their marketing works!)

And all of this is achieved through the use of plastic bottles.
Wow.

They've even offered instructions so that we can recreate the look ourselves.

I see a spring wreath in my future!

14 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

W.O.W.!!! I better find some more bottles and a wreath would be awesome using this technique!

Thanks for sharing,
Rachel

Kim said...

Very cool! Please share your finished product!

Adventures in Dressmaking said...

Oh, that is so cool. I love the yellow window display. I should totally do that bottle thing as a light fixture!

Lucy said...

wow. anthro is so awesome!

Sweet European Dreams said...

oh, I LOVE Anthropologie. We just recently moved to CO and they don't have a store anywhere near here...so very sad. I do get to drool over their catalogs, but it's just not the same. Thanks for posting...can't wait for Spring!

Alison Gibbs said...

What a great idea - looks great

Rhonda said...

Ahhh! Spring...I can hardly wait!

Design A-Peele said...

that place makes me covet just a little too much :( I LOVE IT!!

Lorie said...

I need to start buying things that come in plastic bottles!!!

muralimanohar said...

Dang....I have to try those now! I WISH WISH WISH Anthropologie would open up somewhere I could actually get to!!!

dymphna said...

i love love love recycled crafts!

best one i've seen in a long time!

KC said...

I do these, But I have yet to figure how to mount them

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

This is awesome. I am featuring this post at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

Magic20 said...

Can you tell me which Anthropologie store this was featured at? I just took a picture of a very similar display at the Anthropologie store at the Galleria in St Louis MO on Monday. The one I took looked like an underwater display in a beach house setting. I Love it!!!